Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankfulness

It's been awhile since I've written, so I thought it time to at least throw something down on virtual paper. I've had a decent month, mostly working, although nothing like full time. But work is always good, and I remain indebted to my main client who is most patient and helpful as I negotiate the other side of the editorial world. Still so much to learn--to my great surprise! Hey, this writing stuff isn't so easy.

I suppose given the holidays, it's appropriate to consider what I am thankful for. I used to spend Thanksgivings with a dear friend and her family in Burlington, VT. They are a vegetarian family, but they love T-Day and turkey so much that they cook a bird (free range of course) with all the fixings once a year. They have a lovely ritual--after the big meal is done, they bring out colored pencils, markers, and crayons and long sheets of paper and then write down all the things they are thankful for in beautiful colors. So in honor of the Brotz family from Burlington, VT, here are the things I am thankful for in no particular order:

The good health of my parents
My good health
Snow
Craft beer
Snoe
My family
My wonderful friends
My renewed friends via Facebook
The opportunities that await
The relative freedom to pursue those opportunities
My beautiful and cozy condo
Time to think and ponder
The upcoming wintery season

Yes, it's all about me. I suppose it's because I've been feeling wrapped in coziness this week and haven't looked too far outside my little world. Frankly, I am thankful that after months of hyper vigilance, I can finally allow myself the pleasure of letting it in.

No comments: